Friday, May 4, 2012

February Newsletter


                This morning I sat on the black futon in the girl’s house. Around me the team discussed how we could best use the money we have budgeted for retreats. I looked again at the list of things it was essential we cover in this team meeting. Fly over to Oahu for a fellowship dinner? We were talking about it because we need to buy tickets as soon as possible. Challenge students to spring break, check in on 1000 cranes to Tohoku, speaker for next week’s meeting, evaluate discipleship curriculum, hand off worship during Easter week. I sighed after reading the first half of the list. Emailing the budget information would have saved a lot of time. This looked to be another business meeting ending twenty minutes late.
                Almost every day I see that God’s good work and my failure walk hand in hand. I never expected to lose so many details, struggle in planning ahead, and leave my house so little. I didn’t expect God to use me more toward my team than toward the people we came to reach. On the other hand, stepping into leadership I didn’t expect to know my team so clearly, to hear God telling me how to challenge them forward, and to take such joy in their successes.
                The fruit I see around me confirms that God is at work. The need I see around me says that there is work still to be done. God has not told me to change my work, so I plan to continue working with CRU unless He directs otherwise. There are a few different positions open to me, and I am weighing those, but all of them involve Japan where I feel God is still challenging me to go. Your prayers over my ministry and this decision are so appreciated. Thank you for partnering with me.
                                                                                -Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment